|HOME · FORUMS · SHOP · INFO · REVIEWS · PICS · FORSALE · G-MAP · LINKS||^ Visit our Sponsors|
Written: August 16th, 2002
Written by:Clark "Roach" Rothey
I have been trying to find time to write a review but extra time is limited. Every spare moment that I get I try to get out on my bike. This summer has been busy with work and family, new baby girl 3 mo old and 3 1/2 yr old son. I am really excited about this bike and have great things to say, so the following is a brief review on the C440!!!
1) The Cdale out handles every bike I have ever ridden. It turns on a dime and gobbles-up single track. Compared to my YZF it handles like a 125.
2) Power delivery is smooth and constant. Mid to top end really hits hard. I may have to try the Xmap to get a bit more hit down low.
3) All the SBs were supposedly done before I picked up the machine. All I can say for now is that I push the green button and go riding. I have changed the oil, cleaned the air/fuel filter, performed a hand full of modified upgrades (ex. radiator guard, protaper bars, and soon to be installed scotts dampener). Maintenance on the machine has been very easy and simple. The manual is easy to read and detailed enough to perform the routine maintenance. Everything is going well!
4) Still working on dialing in the suspension. I wanted to give it plenty of break-in time. For the big bumps and jumps suspension is working well. Bigger rocks and roots the rear end has a tendency to bounce around a little bit. But when you get into single track riding the bike rails around turns and sticks to the trail. The C440 makes you feel like you could go as fast as you want! I did all the initial sag set up right out of the manual for my 185 lb body. I am almost there but I want to experiment more.
5) Did I mention that this bike gobbles-up single track? This bike is exactly want I wanted! Better handling and performance then my modified YZF. I was looking to get off the track more and into the woods without compromising performance in both areas. This bike foots the bill. Rides excellent in the woods but you can race it at the track.
I feel much better now that I have written a few thoughts about the new Cdale. I have to get some sleep now but I will put a ride review together soon. I am attaching a few photos to share.
Clark "Roach" Rothey
|BACK||Email a comment to Clark||NEXT|